Some ideas:
1) Use Feeds Imagegrabber (http://drupal.org/project/feeds_imagegrabber)
along with Feeds to create nodes that include their enclosures (cover
images) from the RSS feed. Once you have the items as nodes you can use
Views and the plethora of Views carrousel-like modules to display them
like the LibraryThing widget you prefer =) I think you can also set
Feeds to delete nodes older than X days so you don't end up with old
nodes lying around.

2) Write out a bit of PHP (or javascript?) in a custom block to "just"
parse the current RSS feed's contents. You'd have to add in the
Javascript/Jquery carrousel of your choice. Might be simpler--if you
have a coder around or can find the appropriate PHP and/or JS code
already available on the Internets.

I also thought of (but discarded) Millennium.module; it can create nodes
from an ftlist URL, BUT you'd have to run it manually every so often (it
has Views integration, so like Feeds you could use views and a carrousel
to show the items).

Also, it'd be nice to just use a Millennium WebOPAC as a datasource
(instead of local MySQL) for Views 3... maybe I can put that into
Millennium.module =)

_alejandro

--
_________________ ___ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
*Ing. Alejandro Garza González*

Tel. +52 [81] 8358.2000, Ext. 6751
Enlace intercampus: 80.689.6751, 80.788.6106
http://www.itesm.mx/innovate/

El contenido de este mensaje de datos no se considera oferta, propuesta
o acuerdo, sino hasta que sea confirmado en documento por escrito que
contenga la firma autógrafa del apoderado legal del ITESM. El contenido
de este mensaje de datos es confidencial y se entiende dirigido y para
uso exclusivo del destinatario, por lo que no podrá distribuirse y/o
difundirse por ningún medio sin la previa autorización del emisor
original. Si usted no es el destinatario, se le prohíbe su utilización
total o parcial para cualquier fin.

The content of this data transmission must not be considered an offer,
proposal, understanding or agreement unless it is confirmed in a
document signed by a legal representative of ITESM. The content of this
data transmission is confidential and is intended to be delivered only
to the addressees. Therefore, it shall not be distributed and/or
disclosed through any means without the authorization of the original
sender. If you are not the addressee, you are forbidden from using it,
either totally or partially, for any purpose.