well, looks like a combination:
in case of mods it checks for the namespace URL, in case of rdf, it
looks for a format name of rdf_dc, ...
and yes, endnote export would have to have a name of "endnote" (i ran
into this problem as well with names like endnote-utf-8, ...). i think
unapi would be more usable if there were at least a recommendation of
common format names.