On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Keith Jenkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I tried Dragon Naturally Speaking a couple of years ago.  (After
> breaking a wrist in a cycling accident, I figured it might be easier
> than one-hand typing, which wasn't true in the case of typing
> programming code with lots of curly brackets, indentation, etc.)

Funny you should mention that. About a week ago, I stuck my hand between two
with large grouchy dogs rendering my hand and wrist useless. So I downloaded
 the free voice recognition software that can be downloaded for Windows XP
and is built into Windows 7 since my hand and wrist still hurt like heck.

I spent about an hour training it, and my conclusion is that it sucks but it
is better than typing one handed, so I am still using it (including to type
this message). Download SpeechSDK51.exe  from the Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1
if you're interested. It's totally free and worth every penny.

kyle