XTF is probably the best available framework for indexing/displaying EAD
files (and several other types, like TEI).  I'm working on an XForms
application for editing and creating EAD
(EADitor<http://code.google.com/p/eaditor/>)
which will have a public, Solr-driven faceted search/browse interface, but
it is probably at least six months away from being ready for production.

Ethan