That is quite unfortunate, as we were looking at SRU 2.0 as a possible
candidate for the front-end protocol for Index Data's pazpar2. The
main problem with federate/broadcast/meta (however you want to call it
;) searching is that the back-end databases are scattered in different
locations or simply slow in their response times and in order to
provide decent user experience you need to be able to present some
results "sooner" than others. Waiting for the slowest database to
respond is usually not an option.

--

Cheers,
Jakub