We are just starting to use DAIA for a small holdings register of
journals holdings in connection with Vufind and the new DAIA-Driver in
Vufind.

Since the holdings register is not a big union-catalog, but rather a
simple database in which you simply mark which Journal (ISSN) you have
for which periode, we do send the requests by OpenURL, do some
ISSN-Mapping and send back DAIA-responses.

We will use that in connection with an open and cooperative reference
database for nursing literature.

DAIA works very fine for us.

There should perhaps be an official way to request subsets of holdings
and transport some information e.g. about ILL fees in DAIA (probably you
can for the later in the limitation tag?).

But we work around by combining that with IP-based requests. So we can
do crazy stuff like showing institution specific availability in the
overview of a search, and showing general availability in the details of
a record.

I think Jakob created with DAIA a simple an lightweighted solution to a
real problem in the library world.

Markus