From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kuba
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] OASIS SRU and CQL, access to most-current drafts

That is quite unfortunate, as we were looking at SRU 2.0 as a possible
candidate for the front-end protocol for Index Data's pazpar2. The main
problem with federate/broadcast/meta (however you want to call it
;) searching is that the back-end databases are scattered in different
locations or simply slow in their response times and in order to provide
decent user experience you need to be able to present some results "sooner"
than others. Waiting for the slowest database to respond is usually not an
option.

--

Cheers,
Jakub