On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Mike Taylor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Ross, I think that got mangled in the sending -- either that, or it's
> some strange format that I've never seen before.  That said, I am
> tremendously impressed by all the information you obtained there.
> What software did you use, how much of this did you have to feed it by
> hand, and how much did it intuit from existing structured datasets?

Oh, that's probably not mangled, that's probably just how Turtle looks
:)  I'll also send it as RDF/XML.

That graph was compiled by a Google Scholar search on "Mike Taylor"
dinosaur, the Ingenta page describing your article, a text editor
(TextMate) and 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Ok, here's the graph as RDF/XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:RDF
   xmlns:bibo="http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/"
   xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
   xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"
   xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer">
  <bibo:AcademicArticle rdf:nodeID="article1">
    <dcterms:abstract xml:lang="en">Xenoposeidon proneneukos gen. et
sp. nov. is a neosauropod represented by BMNH R2095, a well-preserved
partial mid-to-posterior dorsal vertebra from the
Berriasian-Valanginian Hastings Beds Group of Ecclesbourne Glen, East
Sussex, England. It was briefly described by Lydekker in 1893, but it
has subsequently been overlooked. This specimen's concave cotyle,
large lateral pneumatic fossae, complex system of bony laminae and
camerate internal structure show that it represents a neosauropod
dinosaur. However, it differs from all other sauropods in the form of
its neural arch, which is taller than the centrum, covers the entire
dorsal surface of the centrum, has its posterior margin continuous
with that of the cotyle, and slopes forward at 35 degrees relative to
the vertical. Also unique is a broad, flat area of featureless bone on
the lateral face of the arch; the accessory infraparapophyseal and
postzygapophyseal laminae which meet in a V; and the asymmetric neural
canal, small and round posteriorly but large and teardrop-shaped
anteriorly, bounded by arched supporting laminae. The specimen cannot
be referred to any known sauropod genus, and clearly represents a new
genus and possibly a new `family'. Other sauropod remains from the
Hastings Beds Group represent basal Titanosauriformes, Titanosauria
and Diplodocidae; X. proneneukos may bring to four the number of
sauropod `families' represented in this unit. Sauropods may in general
have been much less morphologically conservative than is usually
assumed. Since neurocentral fusion is complete in R2095, it is
probably from a mature or nearly mature animal. Nevertheless, size
comparisons of R2095 with corresponding vertebrae in the Brachiosaurus
brancai holotype HMN SII and Diplodocus carnegii holotype CM 84
suggest a rather small sauropod: perhaps 15 m long and 7600 kg in mass
if built like a brachiosaurid, or 20 m and 2800 kg if built like a
diplodocid.</dcterms:abstract>
    <dcterms:creator rdf:resource="_:author1"/>
    <dcterms:creator rdf:resource="_:author2"/>
    <dcterms:isPartOf rdf:resource="_:journal1"/>
    <dcterms:issued
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integerdate">2007-11</dcterms:issued>
    <dcterms:language
rdf:resource="http://purl.org/NET/marccodes/languages/eng#lang"/>
    <dcterms:subject
rdf:resource="http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85038094#concept"/>
    <dcterms:subject
rdf:resource="http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85097127#concept"/>
    <dcterms:subject
rdf:resource="http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85117730#concept"/>
    <dcterms:title xml:lang="en">AN UNUSUAL NEW NEOSAUROPOD DINOSAUR
FROM THE LOWER CRETACEOUS HASTINGS BEDS GROUP OF EAST SUSSEX,
ENGLAND</dcterms:title>
    <bibo:authorList>
      <rdf:Description>
        <rdf:first rdf:resource="_:author1"/>
        <rdf:rest>
          <rdf:Description>
            <rdf:first rdf:resource="_:author2"/>
            <rdf:rest
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#nil"/>
          </rdf:Description>
        </rdf:rest>
      </rdf:Description>
    </bibo:authorList>
    <bibo:doi>10.1111/j.1475-4983.2007.00728.x</bibo:doi>
    <bibo:issue
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integerinteger">6</bibo:issue>
    <bibo:numPages
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integerinteger">18</bibo:numPages>
    <bibo:pageEnd
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integerinteger">1564</bibo:pageEnd>
    <bibo:pageStart
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integerinteger">1547</bibo:pageStart>
    <bibo:pages>1547-1564</bibo:pages>
    <bibo:volume
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integerinteger">50</bibo:volume>
  </bibo:AcademicArticle>
  <bibo:Journal rdf:nodeID="journal1">
    <dcterms:publisher rdf:resource="_:publisher1"/>
    <dcterms:title>Palaeontology</dcterms:title>
    <bibo:issn>0031-0239</bibo:issn>
    <foaf:homepage
rdf:resource="http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/118531917/home?CRETRY=1&amp;SRETRY=0"/>
  </bibo:Journal>
  <foaf:Organization rdf:nodeID="publisher1">
    <dcterms:isPartOf rdf:resource="_:publisher2"/>
    <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/"/>
    <foaf:name>Blackwell Publishing</foaf:name>
  </foaf:Organization>
  <foaf:Organization rdf:nodeID="publisher2">
    <dcterms:isPartOf rdf:resource="_:publisher3"/>
    <foaf:homepage
rdf:resource="http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Brand/id-35.html"/>
    <foaf:name>Wiley-Blackwell</foaf:name>
  </foaf:Organization>
  <foaf:Organization rdf:nodeID="publisher3">
    <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/"/>
    <foaf:name>John Wiley &amp; Sons, Inc.</foaf:name>
    <foaf:name>Wiley</foaf:name>
  </foaf:Organization>
  <foaf:Person rdf:nodeID="author1">
    <foaf:depiction
rdf:resource="http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/dino/xeno/images/photos/DINO_4.jpeg"/>
    <foaf:familyName>Taylor</foaf:familyName>
    <foaf:givenName>Michael</foaf:givenName>
    <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://miketaylor.org.uk/"/>
    <foaf:made rdf:resource="_:article1"/>
    <foaf:name>Michael Taylor</foaf:name>
    <foaf:topic_interest
rdf:resource="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Paleontology"/>
    <foaf:topic_interest
rdf:resource="http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85066163#concept"/>
  </foaf:Person>
  <foaf:Person rdf:nodeID="author2">
    <foaf:depiction
rdf:resource="http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/Naish_profile_70_px.jpg"/>
    <foaf:familyName>Naish</foaf:familyName>
    <foaf:givenName>Darren</foaf:givenName>
    <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/"/>
    <foaf:made rdf:resource="_:article1"/>
    <foaf:name>Darren Naish</foaf:name>