The ability to browse an organized list as it is currently implemented in most library catalogs might not be a popular search method by itself, but having such an index available as a search feature opens up the possibility of creating a browsable virtual bookshelf if it is presented along with the cover images. The call number browse might be particularly useful for developing this kind of feature.

- Josh

Joshua Greben
Systems Librarian/Analyst
Florida Center for Library Automation