Hmm... having spent time recently creating triples using [3], it is
painful.  From an RDF view [3] makes some reasonable choices in its
representation, but before you can generate [3] you have to collect
everything associated with the subject URI and that can be painful,
depending upon your input data, in comparison to N3 or Turtle.

BTW, lets not forget an easier more N3 standardized approach to
generating RDF in JSON. Which has broader implications beyond
SPARQL and can be used as an exchange format like [3]:

[4] Serializing SPARQL Query Results in JSON
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-json-res/>

Andy.