'Cause the properties in oai_dc are the simple DC properties - no way to just tack on the additional features needed for QDC (a few additional elements, refinements, statements of encoding schemes used, etc.). Basically for a QDC format you need to start at the outer wrapper and then start importing the various parts (the old QDC XML had three separate XML schemas I think) rather than starting from the simple one and adding features to it.

Jenn