Since this year's code4lib, the ILS Interop group has been working on
the problem of facilitating better communication between ILS systems
and external software like next generation discovery systems.  Our
goal is to build on the findings of the earlier DLF ILS-DI group and
assist in the implementation of software to meet this interface need.

For the moment, we are focusing on the problem of item availability
statuses.  Even this narrow facet of the issue is complex, and we are
interested in learning how various existing systems address it.  If
you have built or customized any software that communicates with an
ILS to obtain information on the availability of items, please take a
few minutes to answer our survey:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGtnMzZLVmVCUlhLYVkwY2ZuR2U1dXc6MQ

The survey will close on July 14th.  We will share data gathered from
the survey (with your personally identifying information removed) by
the first of August.

For more information on our project, please see our Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/ils-di/web/ils-interop-discussion-home

Thanks for your participation!