> We are now up to sixteen registrants (Woot!)...

Here is our tentative Friday agenda for the "Midwest" Meeting:

  * 10 o'clock - Meet & greet
  * 10:30 - Show & Tell / Lighting Talks
  * Noon - Lunch at the Dining Hall
  * 1 o'clock - Tour of campus
  * 2:30 - Code4Lib Challenge
  * 3:30 - Hack Session
  * 6 o'clock - Social Event

But I wanted to especially highlight the Code4Lib Challenge. In one of preplanning conference calls a number of months ago, the idea of a "challenge" was proposed, and here is what we hope to do:

  1. from the lightning talks, pick one or two really really cool things
  2. present the selected ideas to library employees
  3. ask the employees to "challenge" the Meeting attendees
     to solve a particular computing problem
  4. hope someone from the Meeting picks up the banner and hacks a solution
  5. present the solution back to employees at a later time

Or something like that. Wish us luck, and we'll let y'all know how it goes.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University of Notre Dame

(574) 631-8604