-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ere Maijala
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:59 AM

> It's not about Index Data, they sure know their stuff. For some reason
> the configuration that comes with Aleph just doesn't come with an
> explain record. Nothing prevents adding one, but I'm afraid it's not
> described in Ex Libris' documentation.

Something's not right with this picture.  The YAZ Proxy IS the SRU server, so it should be delivering up the Explain record.  If it has a configuration file that defines the mapping from CQL indexes to z39.50 indexes, then it has all the information it needs to populate the indexInfo part of the Explain record.

So, why no Explain record?

No IndexData folks on this list?

Ralph