From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hillel Arnold
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Digital object distribution

A colleague of mine is looking for a simple and lightweight way to make digital assets available to researchers. What they'd like to have ideally is a system that provides online access to specified files for a specified user via a login. A user would only see the files that have been assigned to them and not any other users' files. In addition, they'd like to have some sort of a UI that would display basic descriptive information about the object.
Does anyone have any ideas for a solution to this? It seems like there *should* be an easy and obvious answer, but I'm coming up blank...

Thanks,
Hillel Arnold

Project Archivist
Tamiment Library/Robert F. Wagner Labor Archive
New York University