I've been sensing a flaw in HTTP for some time now.  It seems like you
ought to be able to do everything through a URL that you can using a
complete interface to HTTP.  Specifically, I'd love to be able to
specify values for HTTP headers in a URL.

To plug that gap locally, I'm looking for a java servlet filter that
will look for query parameters in a URL, recognize that some of them are
HTTP Headers, strip the query parms and set those Headers in the request
that my java servlet eventually gets.

Does such a filter exist already?  I've looked and not been able to find
anything.  It seems like the work of minutes to produce such a filter.
I'll be happy to put it out as Open Source if there's any interest.

Thanks!

Ralph