Islandora wants you. Yes, that’s right, you. We’re busy building the
Islandora ecosystem (led by Drupal and Fedora) and in order to accomplish
this, we need to assemble all interested developers, & repository managers
in one place where ideas and energy can flow. What better way to do this
than to organize a super boring conference where everyone can wear name
tags, eat bland food, and feel awkward and stuffy?

Sound good? Well, if that’s what you’re looking for, then we suggest you
look elsewhere. This is an un-conference conference, the kind where we call
it a camp, have a yurt as our logo and ask you to relax and enjoy all the
rich food and culture Prince Edward Island has to offer at the height of its
most treasured summer season.

That’s not to say we’ll be sitting around resting on our laurels, no. While
the full details on the ins and outs of the Camp are still unfolding, what
we can say for certain is that it will be 2 packed days with your colleagues
from the larger Islandora community, with one full day of sessions from
developers, & repository managers – organized by you – and one full day of
road-mapping, brainstorming plus install-fest, hackfest, and in keeping with
our theme, un-conference style discussions.

After a long day of hacking, developing, exchanging ideas, that’s when we
carry on 2 fun-filled evenings of seafood, seafood, seafood (other food) and
general good times with your own growing community.

If you’re interested in Islandora Camp (and by this point, how could you not
be?) check out our website
http://www.islandora.ca<http://137.149.200.13/islandora/node/15>

You’ll notice this is conveniently placed immediately prior to our
3rdAnnual RIRI workshop, which is a week-long (July 26 – 30)
Repository
Institute with a focus on Fedora. PEI is fantastic, especially in the
summer, so if you’re wise, you’ll consider both. http://vre2.upei.ca/riri/

And if you like tapas, we also suggest you join us in Spain at the Open
Repositories Conference in Madrid (July 6 – 9)
http://or2010.fecyt.es/Publico/WorkShop/index.aspx.

We look forward to camping with you!

******Apologies for any cross postings. Please pass along to interested
colleagues.