Hi. The announcement below refers to the Second Life celebration which will be held simultaneously with the real life (RL) celebration at the Library of Congress, in conjunction with the American Library Association Conference. Apologies for any duplication.

                Best,

                                Esther

Esther Grassian

Information Literacy Librarian

UCLA College Library

Box 951450

L.A., CA  90095-1450

Phone: 310-206-4410

Fax: 310-206-9312

Email: [log in to unmask]

Skype: esthergrassian

SL: Alexandria Knight

Twitter: estherg

50th Anniversary Celebration – Library of Congress’ Africana Collection – 25 Jun 2010

CLIR/DLF invites you to RSVP for a celebratory Second Life (SL) Africana exhibit with images from the Library of Congress and other institutions, and real time audio of presentations from the celebration at LC.

Time: between 10 am and 5 pm Eastern Time (7 am - 2 pm SLT). Please note: We will do our best to provide audio of presentations, but there is always a chance that audio will not work, depending on connectivity and other factors.

The SL exhibit will be available on the 25th and for at least a week after the celebration. The RSVP confirmation includes the SLURL (Second Life location) for the exhibit and speakers. You will need a Second Life avatar in order to participate in this 3D virtual world. Basic accounts are free at: http://secondlife.com

Please fill out the RSVP form 50th Anniversary Celebration - LC Africana Collection - 25 Jun 2010: http://bit.ly/aRB3ZY

Questions? Contact Esther Grassian: [log in to unmask] OR  Deni Wicklund: [log in to unmask]

We look forward to seeing you on June 25th!