On Fri, 30 Jul 2010, Walker, David wrote:

> I think text above or before the search box is bound to be ignored.
> But if you change the wording of the search *button*, you might get
> people to notice it more.
>
> Something like:
>
>   [ search box ] [ button: locate databases ]
>
> . . . or you know, something better worded than that.  And then, as Joe
> suggested, some note in the results explaining that this is not what you
> think it is.

Of course, that assumes that you're going with a design that actually has
a button, and they're not just hitting return.

Oh -- and I realized after I sent my comment that there's another reason
for putting a message in the search results -- it's possible that someone
else might provide an additional (poorly labeled) point of entry that's
outside your control.  It'd provide an extra layer of information before
people started complaining/calling/whatever.

-Joe