I am eager to see you try it, Cory. Please consider writing up your
results for the Code4Lib Journal. I'd be curious to hear the complete
story, from issues of getting metadata, to issues of the technical
infrastructure, any metadata normalization you need to do, issues of
continuing to get the metadata on a regular basis, etc.

Whether you succeed or fail, but especially if you succeed, your project
with just a couple databases could serve as a useful "pilot" for people
considering doing it with more.

Jonathan