So in our marc records, we have these 856 links, the meaning of which is
basically "some web page related to the entity at hand." You don't
really know the relation, the granularity is not there.

So, fine, data is data, there ought to be some way to model this in
standard XML/RDF/DC/whatever, right?

It's not dc:identifier, because dc:identifier ends up including all
sorts of URIs that are not really "web pages" at all, they are just
identifiers of various kinds.  The marc 856s are URI's, it's true, but
they really _aren't_ URIs given as "identifiers", they do not
neccesarily identify the item at hand at all, but they DO neccesarily
lead to a web page with some "see also" relationship to the entity at hand.

So... how would you include this in, say, a DC set in XML or RDF?  Is
there any common way people have done this in the past?

Yeah, I _could_ just expose MODS or MARCXML or what have you. But I'm
looking for some vocabulary that will handle marc 856s, but also in the
future handle other "some kind of see also link" from other formats,
when I add other formats into my corpus. Any ideas?

Jonathan