Mike:

For sure dc:relation works, and has some subproperties that a bit more
specific, but it's still pretty much a blunt instrument.  I know I sound
like a broken record, but RDA has a LOT of relationships to choose
from--these are the WEMI-to-WEMI relationships:
http://metadataregistry.org/schemaprop/list/schema_id/13.html

There are also: RDA Relationships for Persons, Corporate Bodies,
Families: http://metadataregistry.org/schemaprop/list/schema_id/22.html
and RDA Relationships for Concepts, Events, Objects, Places:
http://metadataregistry.org/schemaprop/list/schema_id/23.html

Diane