On 07/20/2010 08:40 PM, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:
> I tried to keep the examples abstract in my earlier message, but
> probably to the point of obscurity. If you think these URIs or something
> like them would help, then convince someone at OCLC to implement them:
>
> http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclc#}/citation-apa.txt (text/plain)
> http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/{oclc#}/citation-chicago.txt (text/plain)

The Swedish national library's online catalog already
provides a similar service. Say you want to cite "Perl 5
for Dummies", http://libris.kb.se/bib/5608622

(First click "English" at the top of the page, if the
user interface isn't already intelligble.)

Just click "CITE", and a list of citations appear, that
you can cut-and-paste. At the bottom is the Swedish
version of Wikipedia's "cite book" template, which
is quite popular.

--
   Lars Aronsson ([log in to unmask])