Hi,

I'm working on a project where I have some XML that has
@xlink:role="person" @xlink:role="corporateBody" or
@xlink:role="family" on a certain element.

I just learned that @xlink:role is supposed to be a URL [1]

So I took a look at http://id.loc.gov/ and I could not find anything
that looked like it would work for this.

Then I found http://vocab.org/ which lead me to http://vocab.org/frbr/
where I found FRBR has

http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#CorporateBody
and
http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#Person

But is has nothing like the "Family" from EAC-CPF.

I thought this might be a good place to check if anyone knows of a
pre-existing vocabulary that can handle this case?

Would it be bad just to make up
"http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#Family" and use that?

Could we use FRBR for CorporateBody and Person and get Family from
somewhere else?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions -- Brian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink/#link-semantics

The value of the role or arcrole attribute must be a URI reference as
defined in [IETF RFC 2396], except that if the URI scheme used is
allowed to have absolute and relative forms, the URI portion must be
absolute. The URI reference identifies some resource that describes
the intended property. When no value is supplied, no particular role
value is to be inferred. Disallowed URI reference characters in these
attribute values must be specially encoded as described in 5.4 Locator
Attribute (href).