I was in the middle of typing a really long response along these lines, but
Dre beat me to it.

But yeah, labeling is a big issue that really requires testing with actual
users to find out what works best for them. Giving users immediate
feedback/correction with Google Suggest-like functionality will clue them in
a bit quicker.

-Sean