http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-relation

"This term is intended to be used with non-literal values as defined
in the DCMI Abstract Model
(http://dublincore.org/documents/abstract-model/). As of December
2007, the DCMI Usage Board is seeking a way to express this intention
with a formal range declaration."

So if you use the dcterms namespace (rather than dc elements) you
should be fine.

-Ross.