From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Bell, Mike (Libraries)
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 4:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Library Class Registration System

One of my teams is considering building a system for handling library
class signup.  That is, for one-time classes such as "How to Search
Pubmed," not for enrollment in academic courses like BIO101.

Before building it, we are looking around to see if there is already
something out there that could do it for us (either open-source or
commercial).  Do you have any suggestions?

Here are the key requirements:

     Super simple sign-up no accounts (email response, captcha).

          -or LDAP integration

     Student needs to be able to cancel enrollment in a class

     Reminders to students that they're scheduled for class

     Calendar of available classes available in multiple formats
day/week/month/list (printable)

     Take Attendance

     Flexible Reporting on attendance

     Let instructors schedule classes

     Allow Instructor to easily see who's registered

     Instructor or Administrator can cancel a class

     Users can Search & Browse available classes

Thank you.

Mike Bell

University of Rochester