UOM presumably indicates some sort of identifier from the University of Michigan. UCSC is presumably University of California Santa Cruz. Try going to their library catalogs and see if the numbers that follow line up somehow.

If the person who coined these identifiers understood Linked Data, we could click on them to figure it out without hassle.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Kane
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 12:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] dc:identifier in Google XML

HI All,

I am getting data from google books that I do not understand in the
dc:identifier field.

I understand ISBN: ISSN: LCCN: OCLC:

but UOM:, and UCSC:?

Can anyone help with what these two mean.  Are they Universities?
Here is a snippet of xml;

  <dc:format>book</dc:format>
   <dc:identifier>r0xMAAAAMAAJ</dc:identifier>
   <dc:identifier>UOM:39015035700759</dc:identifier>
   <dc:subject>Medical</dc:subject>
   <dc:title>Abstracts [of the] annual meeting</dc:title>

... generated from this URL:
http://www.google.com/books/feeds/volumes?q=Abstracts%20of%20the%20annual%20meeting

Thanks,

David.