Code4lib subscribers might be interested in this article by Alistair
MacDonald on how to build your very own Javascript Ninja.

[http://weblog.bocoup.com/make-your-own-javascript-ninja-with-processing-js]

Not much need to build ninjas in your day to day work??  Too bad.
Well, Alistair will be leading a workshop on how to build an
interactive timeline out of little HTML5 and JavaScript at edUi 2010
http://eduiconf.org

Don't See The Images? Visit:
[http://www.virginiafoundation.org/enewsletter/edui/2010/almacdonald.html]

edUi 2010 Conference November 8-9 [http://www.eduiconf.org/]
Charlottesville, VA

A learning opportunity for web professionals serving institutions of learning.

============ Make Your Own Javascript Ninja With Processing.js =============

Headliner Highlight: Alistair MacDonald

Check out this post
[http://weblog.bocoup.com/make-your-own-javascript-ninja-with-processing-js]
on how to build your very own JavaScript Ninja!

Alistair MacDonald, founder and head programmer of Boston based
bocoup, builds & scales progressively enhanced JavaScript, HTML5 &
CSS3 frameworks & applications for tomorrow's WWW.

Alistair is the technical lead on the Processing.js project, the Audio
Incubator Group Chair at the W3C and former JavaScript Visualization
Developer at Mozilla Corporation.

Join Alistair at edUi this November in Charlottesville, VA where he
will be leading a half-day workshop on how to build rich user
interfaces with a little HTML5 and JavaScript.

This workshop will cap off The Edge track, where you can explore
what's here now and what's just around the corner in the future of the
web.

One half-day workshop is included with your registration to edUi.

Other Recent Blog Posts by Alistair:

» JavaScript Typed Arrays: Method Support
[http://weblog.bocoup.com/javascript-typed-arrays-method-support]
» Canvas in IE9... Too Good To Be True?
[http://weblog.bocoup.com/canvas-in-ie9-too-good-to-be-true]

==================== Register Now ====================

Register now and save $100.
Early Bird: $475
Standard Rate: $575

[http://edui2010.eventbrite.com/]

============ Other Headliners ============
Was that all greek to you? That's OK, you have a lot more to choose from at
edUi 2010. Here's a list of our other headliners.

 * Stephanie Sullivan (CSS)
 * Nick DeNardis (Web Analytics)
 * David B. Berman (Do Good Design)
 * Greg Rewis (Adobe Web Professional)
 * Paul Boag (Battling Bureaucracy)

[http://eduiconf.org/speakers/]

============ Full Schedule Coming Soon! ============

We sent out our call for proposals and boy did you respond! We received so many
great proposals I'm not sure how we're going to decide. But one way or another
we'll pick the best of the best and announce the full conference in the coming
weeks.