Please excuse cross-postings. This message is being posted to multiple
lists.

Please join us for the first-ever NYPL Drupal Camp!

In January 2010 the New York Public Library unveiled a soup-to-nuts
re-engineering of its website, moving 15 years of digital sprawl into a
modern, open source content management system: Drupal. Drupal not only
enables us to better organize and interrelate our web content, it also lets
us turn over daily control of various local website areas to the staff who
know them best. Six months into this new era, staff from across the Library
are learning how to update their own location information and events
calendars, and are experimenting with exciting new tools like blogs, audio
and video to build a dynamic new digital experience for our patrons.

Now, with half a year under our belts, we’d like to share our experiences
with other libraries  in the first-ever NYPL Drupal Camp. Whether you’re
considering adopting Drupal for your website, or are already an old hand,
this will be a great opportunity to learn directly from NYPL digital staff,
to share your own insights, and perhaps lay groundwork for collaboration.

This event will take place over two days: Thursday August 26 and Friday
August 27, from 9 am to 5 pm.

The first day will be a series of presentations by NYPL staff with plenty of
opportunities for questions and answers.
Topics for the first day include (subject to change):
    •    Vision
    •    Content development
    •    Staff training
    •    Project management/staffing
    •    Information architecture
    •    User testing process
    •    Policy
    •    Infrastructure
    •    Content migration
    •    Development
    •    Vendors/IT relationships

The second day will be an un-conference format during which attendees set
the schedule of sessions, some of which can be all-day long code sprints.

The workshop is free. Coffee will be provided and a listing of nearby lunch
options.

WHAT: NYPL Drupal Camp

WHERE: Science, Industry and Business Library
188 Madison Avenue, Lower Level, Room 018
New York, NY 10016

WHEN: Thursday August 26 and Friday August 27
9 am to 5 pm.

COST: Free

HOW: http://nypldrupalcamp.eventbrite.com/

LIMIT: Please note that registration is limited to 2 participants per
organization.  We would recommend that one project/content manager, and one
technical staff member attend NYPL Drupal Camp.

Hope to see you there!