In my experience, I haven't found anything that is as easy to use (or
even close) to EZProxy. Unless you value your time at under $5/hr., or
are a FLOSS zealot (I think of myself as a semi-zealot), it is a
bargain at $500. A significant part of that bargain is the great
community that supports it.

This is not to say, or course, that it is not possible to do this with
Squid, which was the first effective solution, or other tools.

Cary

--
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company