On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Cary Gordon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In my experience, I haven't found anything that is as easy to use (or
> even close) to EZProxy. Unless you value your time at under $5/hr., or
> are a FLOSS zealot (I think of myself as a semi-zealot), it is a
> bargain at $500. A significant part of that bargain is the great
> community that supports it.

+1

I was trying to figure out how to word this in a way that wasn't
discouraging or too EZProxy fanboy-ish, but I honestly could not see
an alternative that, in the end, would be nearly as cost effective as
EZProxy.

EZProxy's (lifetime!) price, tiny footprint and support are going to
be hard to beat.

Art Rhyno once attributed Shibboleth's lack of uptake on EZProxy: why
bother with this ultra-complicated authentication/authorization
mechanism when EZProxy just works, on unlimited machines, with
unlimited upgrades, for $500?

-Ross.