On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Mark A. Matienzo wrote:

> I'm currently looking for any workflow and business process analysis
> of the processes involved in processing archival collections. At this
> point, I'm hoping to find fairly high-level information, ideally in
> the form of or easily translatable into workflow diagrams to serve as
> a strawman. Processing manuals may help, but likely are too detailed
> for my current purposes. Please let me know if you have anything that
> might help.

Have you already looked at OAIS?  (Open Archival Information System)

It's a reference model, so goes over the sorts of things that digital
archives should do as they're ingesting / storing / disseminating things,
but isn't a specific implementation.

Current version (2002):

 	http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/650x0b1.pdf

There's also drafts as they're working towards making it an ISO standard.
I'm not sure if this is the most recent version or not, but it matches the
last draft ID (p-1-1) up for review on the CCSDS site:

 	http://ddp.nist.gov/refs/650x0p11_OAIS_pink_book.pdf

-Joe