Hi Ken,

> Does anyone else have a favorite book or three for this kind of work?

If you're looking for web page and web app development vs. native app development, you might want to consider these books:

  Mobile Design and Development: Practical concepts and techniques for creating mobile sites and web apps
  By Brian Fling
  Publisher: O'Reilly Media
  Released: August 2009
  http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596155452

  Programming the Mobile Web
  By Maximiliano Firtman
  Publisher: O'Reilly Media
  Released: July 2010
  http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596807795

I just bought copies of both, but won't get to read them until I return from vacation in September, so can't provide any reviews yet...

You'll also probably want to investigate some of the freely-available mobile web development frameworks like iUI, iWebKit, and jQTouch.  Note that some of the documentation on the iPhone developers website focuses on *web* development and is excellent.

Also be aware that for cross-platform mobile testing and development, the various mobile device SDKs (e.g. for iPhone, Android, Palm OS) come with simulators.

-- Michael

# Michael Doran, Systems Librarian
# University of Texas at Arlington
# 817-272-5326 office