-----Original Message-----
From: The NDSA infrastructure working group list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Johnston, Leslie
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NDSA-INFRASTRUCTURE] Welcome to the NDSA Infrastructure
Working Group

(Re-sending)

We're pleased that you've signed up as a Founding Member of the National
Digital Stewardship Alliance. The NDSA is a collaborative effort among
government agencies, educational institutions, non-profit organizations
and businesses to preserve a distributed national digital collection for
the benefit of citizens now and in the future.

There are 5 NDSA working groups: Content; Standards and Practices;
Infrastructure; Innovation; and Outreach. You've signed up for the
Infrastructure Working group, but you're welcome to participate in
others.

I'm Leslie Johnston, the Library of Congress co-chair for the
Infrastructure working group. Each working group will have 2 co-chairs,
one from the NDSA community and one from the Library of Congress.  We
will be identifying the NDSA community co-chairs in the near future.

While the over-arching NDSA organizational structure is being
established (with your participation), the LC working group co-chairs
wanted to get the ball rolling by introducing ourselves and starting the
conversation.

The first order of business is to make sure you are the appropriate
person from your institution signed up for the Infrastructure working
group. Organizations can have multiple participants across any of the
working groups, and your institution can change participants at any time
if a particular working group is not a good fit. If you need to make any
changes to your participants in the Infrastructure Working Group, please
contact me directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The second thing we'd like to do is to get a better sense of the
participants who are on this list and interested in the Infrastructure
Working Group.  I invite you to post a quick message to say hello,
introduce yourselves and tell us a little about what brought you to this
Working Group.

I'll start:

I'm the Manager for Technical Architecture Initiatives in the National
Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program. That's a
long way of saying that I work with the partnerships and projects that
are building software and infrastructure in support of digital
preservation. I'm new to NDIIPP, but not new to the Library or to the
digital library community.  My job is both outward facing (working with
partners) and inward facing, where I manage a team that supports digital
preservation efforts at the Library.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Leslie
------
Leslie Johnston
Manager of Technical Architecture Initiatives
National Digital Information Infrastructure & Preservation Program
Library of Congress