Hello everyone,

I've been working with LoC and NDIIP for several years now, first with
the Archive-It program (helping a group called the Electronic
Literature Organization get its collection efforts up and running) and
then more recently as a co-PI on the Preserving Virtual Worlds project
(btw, we just completed our final report on this one; it's a monster,
60,000 words, and we look forward to getting it out there into the
community).

As the job titles in my sig suggest, my profile is likely a bit
different from most others here. I'm an English professor, but I also
work in the emerging field known as digital humanities. I was trained
as textual scholar and bibliographer, meaning I'm interested in the
history and transmission of written documents as physical artifacts.
That interest now extents to born-digital documents and records, thus
my interest in the NDSA. I've done a good deal of work with manuscript
collections around digital personal papers, including a report on
Digital Forensics and Born-Digital Content in Cultural Heritage
Collections forthcoming in a couple of months from CLIR, and this
pilot study on Approaches to Managing and Collecting Born-Digital
Literary Materials for Scholarly Use, funded a couple of years back,
by NEH: http://www.neh.gov/ODH/Default.aspx?tabid=111&id=37

In the context of this group, I imagine my contributions as being
around content collection for digital personal papers (or
"eManuscripts," as the British like to call them), particularly in the
arts and humanities. Best, Matt

--
Matthew Kirschenbaum
Associate Professor of English