By way of introductions, I'm Director of Collections and Research Services at New York University. That means I have responsibility for all collection development at NYU, for the management of our three special collections and three institute libraries, for preservation and for development of research services across the libraries.

NYU has been involved in NDIIPP from the start, working in two important areas of digital preservation - development of methods and standards for the capture and preservation of websites, a project in collaboration with the California Digital Library and others - and the development of standards and protocols for preservation of digital television, a collaboration with PBS, WNET and WGBH. On a broader level, we have been actively engaged in the issues revolving around the selection and preservation of born-digital content for some time, particularly because our special collections are rich in late-20th and early-21st century archival content that has been generated by digital technology. We have been particularly focused on the preservation of born-digital audio and video content and the development of standards for its preservation. I'll be interested to explore these content issues with this group and look forward to learning what others are doing.

Dr. Michael Stoller
Director
Collections & Research Services
New York University Libraries