> > I wonder if this person might be better served by some kind of bartering
> > software.

No, i think library software is what I am looking for.  either way,
something has to be modified to make it what it isn't.  Bartering software
would need a library catalog attached to it.

I think there is a whole world of reasons real libraries dont use a facebook
app to do their circulation.  It would be an innaccurate PIA to maintain and
run for one thing.  I would not use a facebook library.  I found a library
catalog app for wordpress, but it looks like a wordpress app and not a
library.

> There's also some book-swap and book exchange sites and projects out
> there.  It would be interesting to try to merge the three.  The OP
> seems to really want to use VuFind, so if you could use a book swap
> software on the administrative side and have that update the catalog
> that would be useful.  Or maybe even see if it's possible to create
> drivers for some book swap.

There are two refered to eariler in this thread.  Unlibrary is not open
source and the distributed library project has been inactive since 2003.

really, with Django, this project can be prototyped in a few days (as a
acceptable software exists.  Misusing ILL, course reserves or bartering
software is not going to work.

-elliot