On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ... wrote:
>

>> No, i think library software is what I am looking for.  either way,
>> something has to be modified to make it what it isn't.  Bartering software
>> would need a library catalog attached to it.
>>

> So far every person in this thread who actually works with library
> software, once they understood your requirements, disagrees with you, thinks
> you're going to have trouble making any standard library software do that,
> shrug.

Sorry,you read that out of context.  I meant that facebook apps or bartering
software will not work. As is clear also, Neither will any available ILS.

I agree with all your *'s

I am working with django to write the administrative/circulation part and
will probably use vufind or another solr based program for discovery.

thanks all.  I'll post any progress I make.