On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Gabriel Farrell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> If you already know PHP you might want to check out Symfony or another
> PHP framework to get the hang of web frameworks, then move onto other
> languages from there.

I've been using Django for a couple of years now, and have been tasked
to introduce Django to a team in my current employer. Two of the
developers here, both experienced in PHP but just learning Python,
told me that they've found Django much simpler and easier to learn
than Symfony.

Besides the original Django Book, my colleagues have also enjoyed
"Python Web Development with Django", which includes half a dozen
simple and diverse example applications.

http://www.amazon.com/Python-Development-Django-Jeff-Forcier/dp/0132356139

--
Luciano Ramalho
programador repentista || stand-up programmer