> .... In other words, you need to get away from the
> record-centered view, and embrace the subject-centric view.
>
> Anyway, enough from this old grumpy bum. Sorry to stir up the dust.

This is exactly where things are headed -- thats essentially what most of
the newer discovery interfaces are trying to do. This is the only practical
way of bringing together different kinds of resources. The book won't be at
the center of the universe forever.

We might have all this MARC data and we might need to be able to read and
write MARC. That does not mean that we have to use it as a straitjacket to
functionality.

Sometimes dust is fun. No need to avoid it.

kyle