On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Susan Kane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I wonder if this person might be better served by some kind of bartering
> software.
>
> I wasn't sure there was such a thing -- but of course, there is.
>
> http://www.curomuto.com/
> http://www.barter-blog.com/?p=51

There's also some book-swap and book exchange sites and projects out
there.  It would be interesting to try to merge the three.  The OP
seems to really want to use VuFind, so if you could use a book swap
software on the administrative side and have that update the catalog
that would be useful.  Or maybe even see if it's possible to create
drivers for some book swap.  The problem with the book-swap is it is
usually one person to one person, end to end.  There's no in-between
library.

Book Mooch is the one I've heard a lot about, although I haven't ever used it.

Jon Gorman