 OLAC (Online Audiovisual Catalogers) has been investigating the
 potential of the FRBR model and a work-centric approach to improve
 access to moving images for some time. We are looking for someone to
 make a basic but functional demonstration end-user interface for moving
 images that is focused on FRBR works and that offers faceted navigation
 using sample data for 143 moving image works, 210 manifestations, and
 297 items. Ideally, this will be developed with open source tools such
 as MySQL, Solr and Lucene. I have some ideas about what the interface
 might look like (see link below) and am looking for someone to put up
 something quick and dirty, but functional and interactive so people can
 get a better idea of how this might work. This may not turn out to be
 anything like what would work for a final user interface, but I am
 hoping that it will make the potential for a FRBR-based, faceted
 approach clear and make it easier for people to understand the kinds of
 searching options we want to provide.

 OLAC has agreed to fund $1500 to be awarded to the individual(s) who
 successfully completes this project. More information on and the sample
 data for this project are available at
 http://www.olacinc.org/drupal/?q=node/437

 If you are interested in taking this project on, please contact me at
 [log in to unmask] via email by Friday, October 22 with a list of your
 qualifications, a suggested timeline, and any other information you
 think it might be helpful for us to know. We are willing to negotiate on
 the timetable, but are interested in having a finished product as soon
 as possible. Please contact me if you have any questions.

 Kelley McGrath