> I was only thinking that if any ILS had the ability to handle book
> lending,
> it would be through creative use of ILL, as no other common function
> has
> anything to do with a library borrowing a book.  So, while looking
> through
> available ILSs, ILL was the functionality I was most curious about.
> And I
> agree that even creative use of ILL is probably not good enough.

ILL is a _lot_ more complicated than simple borrowing.  Almost all ILS systems have a mechanism to handle simple borrowing.  Only a few are designed to handle ILL.

> Out of curiosity, where does the difficulty of implementing borrowing
> come
> in?

It _isn't_ that difficult.  As I said above, it is ILL that is difficult.  If what you really want is support for borrowing, then you don't need to require ILL support.  Say what you _really_ want, not what you assume you need in order to get that.

					Steve McDonald