As Raymond mentioned, I was there, but also like Raymond I'm not sure
there were any generally applicable "take-aways." I enjoyed
interacting with a group that I rarely see (academic humanists) and
finding out more about their perspectives and needs. How did they
"compare and contrast" with us? Well, mostly contrast. I went to the
data mining workshop with my librarian hat on and was quickly
disabused of my notions of mining out personal names, locations, etc.,
from large piles of text. Nope. It was pretty much all about word
frequency, etc. But I enjoyed hanging out with a group of really smart
(and in some cases famous) people as an equal participant. Kind of
like Access (where I am now) or Code4Lib, now that I think about it.
:-)
Roy