From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Chris Markman [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] converting video DVDs to something that will play on the web

do WebM if you want to be HTML5 fancy :) You'll need to rip the DVDs first
though.

Chris Markman
Resource Library Coordinator
Visual & Performing Arts
Clark University
508.793.7481

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Brad Rhoads <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You can probably use http://handbrake.fr/.
>
> ---------------------------
> www.maf.org/rhoads
> www.ontherhoads.org
>

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Browne,Ginny <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > We have a bunch of DVDs that we converted from VHS tapes.  And now we
> > would like to put them on the web, but we need some sort of converter
> > from the DVD format to a web streaming file.  Has anybody done this??
> > (They are all our own material, so we have no copyright issues to deal
> > with.)

To report this message as spam, offensive, or if you feel you have received this in error,
please send e-mail to [log in to unmask] including the entire contents and subject of the message.
It will be reviewed by staff and acted upon appropriately.