As long as we're belaboring, I'll also endorse Handbrake and add that conversion rate is very dependent on what machine you're using.  If you happen to have a beefy machine, you can get faster than realtime conversions.  My Mac Pro can do 3x or 4x realtime, for example.

-Esme
--
Esme Cowles <[log in to unmask]>

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or
 no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson