> Yes - my reading was that dlf:holdings was for pure 'holdings'
> as opposed to 'availability'.

I would agree with Jonathan that putting a summary of item availability in <dlf:holdings> is not an abuse.

For example, ISO Holdings -- one of the schemas the DLF-ILS documents suggests using here -- has elements for things like:

  <holdings:copiesSummary>
    <holdings:status>
      <holdings:availableCount>

Very much the kind of summary information you are using.  Those are different from it's <holdings:copyInformation> element, which describes individual items.

So IMO it wouldn't be (much of) a stretch to express this in dlf:simpleavailability instead.

--Dave

David Walker
Library Web Services Manager
California State University