On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Elliot Hallmark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> However, I switched to this other scripting
> language, python, because it could do things php cant.

Not to start a flame, but that's a rather big statement which I think
A) needs backing up, and B) is probably untrue.

>  For instance,
> my first project in python involved capturing keyboard input before
> windows heard about it.  Then I kept discovering amazing things python
> can do that php cant.

For instance, PHP can do this fine. Was there something in particular
you're thinking of that PHP can't do?

> I helped write a non-sequential optical ray tracer in python.  When it
> needed to be faster there were several libraries for writing C code
> directly in a pythonic syntax.  Python has hooks into everything, like
> optical character recognition, electronic music
> sequeuencing/generation, serial port i/o.

Again, PHP the same. For the sophisticated hacker, most languages can
be tweaked to solve almost any problem.

And I'm not even suggesting that you use PHP. Happy hacking.

Alex
--
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps