He's Pro-Django

(sung to the tune of "Mr. Bojangles" and with
 abject apologies to Jerry Jeff Walker)

    I knew a man pro-Django and he proselytized
    For DRY;
    "It's plugable, reusable, for rapid dev,
    Give it a try."
    He praised Python, he praised Python,
    Which it's written in.
    He's pro-Django, he's pro-Django, he's pro-Django,
    That's his stance!

    I met him in a thread on code4lib, I was
    So confused.
    He seemed to me to be a code guru
    And he was so enthused
    He talked of code, he talked of code,
    That's readable (unlike Perl).

    He said he was pro-Django, and he made his case
    Throughout the thread.
    He quoted stats, and better apps, and praised Python,
    It had appeal.
    He showed us graphs, he showed us graphs,
    Took on detractors.
    He's pro-Django, he's pro-Django, he's pro-Django,
    That's his stance!

    He talked to those with coding woes at conferences
    About the web.
    He spoke with tears of fifteen years maintaining Perl
    No commenting at all.
    Then a Perl web app died, just up and died,
    After two years he still seethes.
    He's pro-Django, he's pro-Django, he's pro-Django,
    That's his stance!

    He said "I code Python at ev'ry chance at hack-a-thons
    and parse MARC blobs.
    But most the time I'm working on some Java apps
    'Cause I need this job."
    He sent his post, and as he sent his post I saw someone reply "He's
    pro-Django, he's pro-Django, he's pro-Django,
    That's his stance!"

-- Michael
(A gray-beard Perl programmer who has resolved to start learning and using Python in 2011)

# Michael Doran, Systems Librarian
# University of Texas at Arlington
# 817-272-5326 office
# 817-688-1926 mobile